Small Group German Classes in London | Elementary A2.3
Evening and weekend German classes in the City of London
Elementary German part 3 – level A2.3
10-week small group German classes (2-5 participants) for elementary learners wishing to
progress on to intermediate level. This German course is suitable for those who have
completed level A2.2 course or A level in German.
Berliner Platz 2
10 weeks, 90 minutes per session
Saturday 21 September 2019 at 12:00-13:30
This course is no longer available. Please check back for future openings. Alternatively, get in touch to be added to our waitlist.
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed.
The course is largely structured around a textbook and supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats.
We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
In 10 weeks you will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- Adjective endings (definite articles) — describing work and the workplace
- Talking about current profession, experience of work, job hunt
- Understanding job ads
- Enquiring about job openings; preparing job application
- Word order rules, forming a dependent clause e.g. Das ist der Junge, den ich gestern gesehen habe
- Reading and discussing graphics and statistics
- Interrogative pronoun welche
- Talking about media and entertainment
- Making negative and positive arguments
- Forming adjectives from nouns and verbs; negating adjectives with the prefix un-
- Talking about politics; comparing political systems of Germany and Britain
- Substantiating opinions and arguments
- Verb and prepositions e.g. Wir interessieren uns sehr für die Geschichte Deutschlands
- The simple past tense (regular and irregular verbs) and its function in written communication e.g. news reports
- Talking about customs, manners and common courtesy
- Dative and accusative prepositions
Hear what our happy clients have to say
“After taking both A1.1 and A1.2 group courses I can tell you that the classes are fun and approachable. Having a class this central made it simple to come after work. We will be back! (and not just for the biscuits!)”
Business Development Manager
“Excellent teacher and fully interactive sessions. I made a lot more progress than I had originally envisaged!”