Small Group German Classes in London | Beginner A1.2
Daytime, evening and weekend German classes in the City of London
Beginner German part 2 – level A1.2
Small group German classes (2-5 participants) for beginners with prior knowledge.
This course is suitable for those who have completed A1.1 course or studied German up to GCSE level.
Textbook Berliner Platz 1
- 10 weeks, 90 minutes per session (evening & weekend)
- 15 weeks, 60 minutes per session (morning & lunchtime)
The course is largely structured around a textbook which provides a clear structure and allows us to track progression. The sessions are supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats.
We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
Choose from one of the following slots:
Wednesday 20 November 2019 at 19:30-21:00
Monday 6 January 2020 at 17:55-19:25
Tuesday 14 January 2020 at 15:30-17:00
Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 17:55-19:25
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed. Please contact us for more info.
You will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- German case system — the nominative, accusative, dative and genitive
- Plural forms in German
- Modal verb mögen (to like) — talking about likes and dislikes
- Ordering and paying at the supermarket and restaurant
- Planning a meal
- Talking about family
- Telling the date, month and season in German
- Making arrangements in person and on the phone; writing and responding to simple text messages
- Reading comprehension — understanding small ads (house hunting)
- Introduction to the simple past tense (das Imperfekt) e.g. I had a car and I was sick
- Planning a day trip, talking about public transport
- Local prepositions — navigating one’s way around, asking and giving directions
- Expressing wishes and possibilities using modal verbs können (can), wollen (to want to)
- The present perfect tense (das Perfekt) — talking about events in the recent past e.g. the weekend
Hear what our happy
clients have to say
“After taking both A1.1 and A1.2 group courses I can tell you that the classes are fun and approachable. Having a class this central made it simple to come after work. We will be back! (and not just for the biscuits!)“
“Natasha is an excellent tutor who creates a fun and engaging environment for her students. I have studied with her through both A1 courses and found a huge improvement in my understanding of both German language and culture. I am looking forward to continuing to learn with her.“
Business Development Manager
“Excellent teacher and fully interactive sessions. I made a lot more progress than I had originally envisaged!“