Small Group German Classes in London | Beginner A1.2
Berliner Platz 1
Tuesday 3 September 2019 at 18:30-20:00
Wednesday 3 November 2019 at 17:55-19:25
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed.
The course is largely structured around a textbook and supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats. We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
In 10 weeks you will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- German case system — the nominative, accusative, dative and genitive
- Plural forms in German
- Modal verb mögen (to like) — talking about likes and dislikes
- Ordering and paying at the supermarket and restaurant
- Planning a meal
- Talking about family
- Telling the date, month and season in German
- Making arrangements in person and on the phone; writing and responding to simple text messages
- Reading comprehension — understanding small ads (house hunting)
- Introduction to the simple past tense (das Imperfekt) e.g. I had a car and I was sick
- Planning a day trip, talking about public transport
- Local prepositions — navigating one’s way around, asking and giving directions
- Expressing wishes and possibilities using modal verbs können (can), wollen (to want to)
- The present perfect tense (das Perfekt) — talking about events in the recent past e.g. the weekend
Hear what our happy clients have to say
Business Development Manager