Small Group German Classes in London | Elementary A2.1
Evening and weekend German classes in the City of London
Elementary German part 1 – level A2.1
10-week small group German classes (2-5 participants) for elementary learners.
This German course is aimed at those who have completed level A1, GCSE or A level in German.
Textbook Berliner Platz 2
Saturday 28 September 2019 at 15:30-17:00
Thursday 3 October 2019 at 19:30-21:00
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed.
The course is largely structured around a textbook and supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats. We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
In 10 weeks you will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- Refresher on the German case system and its functions (nominative, accusative, dative, genitive)
- Adjectives — describing things and making comparisons (intensifiers with comparatives and superlatives)
- Talking about family and friends
- Talking about celebrations, customs; making and responding to invitations
- Going shopping; describing what one likes or does not like to wear
- Giving and asking advice
- Talking about society and country in which one’s lived, living abroad
- Talking about education, school system
- Modal verbs e.g. müssen (must), sollen (should) in the simple past tense
- Local prepositions — describing one’s home and immediate surrounding
- Word order rules; sentence structures and subordinating conjunctions e.g. weil, wenn and dass
- The conjunction weil (because) — to express opinion, observation and substantiate an argument
- The conjunction wenn (if) — conditional sentences, talking about possibility, things that are not certain, repeated actions
- Reading comprehension — simple statistics, ads
Hear what our happy clients have to say
Business Development Manager