Small Group German Classes in London | Elementary A2.2
Evening and weekend German classes in the City of London
Elementary German part 2 – level A2.2
10-week small group German classes (2-5 participants) for elementary learners.
This German course is aimed at those who have completed level A2.1 or A level in German.
Berliner Platz 2
10 weeks, 90 minutes per session
Friday 27 September 2019 at 17:30-19:00
This course is no longer available. Please check back for future openings. Alternatively, get in touch to be added to our waitlist.
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed.
The course is largely structured around a textbook and supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats.
We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
In 10 weeks you will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- Refresher on the German case system and its functions (nominative, accusative, dative, genitive)
- Local prepositions (accusative and dative)
- Describing one’s home
- Expressing wishes using the subjunctive e.g. ich hätte gern einen Hund, ich würde gern auf dem Land leben
- Expressing opinion
- Talking about preferences, dislikes, advantages and disadvantages
- Naming requirements and consequences using conjunctional adverbs e.g. deshalb
- Word order rules and sentence structures
- The passive voice
- Talking about clothing and appearance
- Adjective endings (indefinite and zero article, possessive articles) — describing oneself and others, making compliments
- Talking about hobbies, pastimes, leisure activities
- Reflexive verbs
- Indefinite pronouns
- Accusative and dative prepositions
Hear what our happy clients have to say
“After taking both A1.1 and A1.2 group courses I can tell you that the classes are fun and approachable. Having a class this central made it simple to come after work. We will be back! (and not just for the biscuits!)”
“Natasha is an excellent tutor who creates a fun and engaging environment for her students. I have studied with her through both A1 courses and found a huge improvement in my understanding of both German language and culture. I am looking forward to continuing to learn with her.”
Business Development Manager
“Excellent teacher and fully interactive sessions. I made a lot more progress than I had originally envisaged!”