Small Group German Classes in London | Beginner A1.1
Daytime, evening and weekend German classes in the City of London
Beginner German part 1 – level A1.1
Small group German classes (2-5 participants) for absolute beginners.
No prior knowledge or experience with the language required.
Textbook Berliner Platz 1
- 10 weeks, 90 minutes per session (evening & weekend)
- 15 weeks, 60 minutes per session (morning & lunchtime)
The course is largely structured around a textbook which provides a clear structure and allows us to track progression. The sessions are supplemented with worksheets, grammar exercises and other learning materials of various formats.
We incorporate plenty of listening and speaking exercises in class, to give you an opportunity to put the theory you learn into practice.
Your weekly homework consist of repetition, reinforcement and consolidation of material covered in class.
Choose from one of the following slots:
Monday 25 November 2019 at 15:00-16:30
Monday 6 January 2020 at 19:30-21:00
Tuesday 14 January 2020 at 19:30-21:00
Wednesday 15 January 2020 at 15:30-17:00
Saturday 18 January 2020 at 11:30-13:00
It is possible to join the group once the course has started (subject to availability) after a few catch up sessions with your German tutor to get you up to speed. Please contact us for more info.
You will learn the basics of German grammar and their application in real-life communications, such as:
- Verbs and conjugation — regular, irregular, separable verbs
- Present tense — to introduce and describe yourself and others; to talk about yourself and your routine
- Exchanging details (phone number, email address etc.)
- Expressing preferences
- Nouns and articles — der, die, das; describing everyday objects
- Negating words — nicht, kein
- Asking and telling time, time of day and day of the week
- Making simple enquiries — asking for price, opening times
- Reading comprehension — understanding small ads, events calendar
- German case system — the nominative and accusative
- Sentence formation, basic German word order rules — declarative sentences and questions
- Making arrangements in person and on the phone
- Writing simple text messages
- Plural forms in German
Hear what our happy
clients have to say
“After taking both A1.1 and A1.2 group courses I can tell you that the classes are fun and approachable. Having a class this central made it simple to come after work. We will be back! (and not just for the biscuits!)“
“Natasha is an excellent tutor who creates a fun and engaging environment for her students. I have studied with her through both A1 courses and found a huge improvement in my understanding of both German language and culture. I am looking forward to continuing to learn with her.“
Business Development Manager
“Excellent teacher and fully interactive sessions. I made a lot more progress than I had originally envisaged!“